“Your hair is not there by mistake. It has a definite purpose, which saints will discover and other men will laugh at.” – Yogi Bhajan
WASHINGTON: Bearded men are more hygiene than clean-shaven ones as they are three times less likely to harbour infection-causing and antibiotic-resistant bacteria, a new study has claimed. According to the study, published in the Journal of Hospital Infection, men without beards are more than three times as likely to be carrying a meticillin-resistant form of coagulase-negative staphylococci on their cheeks than those with beards.
1. Hairs are corrational storehouse of energy. Hair is made up of 28% oxygen 50% carbon 6% hydrogen 11% nitrogen 5% sulfur. If you choose to cut your hair, you not only lose this extra energy and nourishment, but your body must then provide a great amount of vital energy and nutrients to continually re-grow the missing hair.
2. In addition, hairs are the antennas that gather and channel the sun energy or prana to the frontal lobes, the part of the brain you use for meditation and visualization. These antennas act as conduits to bring you greater quantities of subtle, cosmic energy. It takes approximately three years from the last time your hair was cut for new antennas to form at the tips of the hair.
3. From a yogic perspective, hair is an amazing gift of nature that can actually help raise the Kundalini energy (creative life force), which increases vitality, intuition, and tranquility. The hair is tied in a rishi knot at the Tenth Gate or the Crown Chakra.
4. All spiritual masters and enlightened beings kept unshorn hair signifying the connection between hairs and spirituality. 33 crore devi devte; 84 sidh 52 veer; ;6 jati 9 naath; Brahma Vishnu Rudra; Zeus hades poseidon; Socrates archemedes Pythagoras; Ram Krishan; Muhmadh Jesus; Gautam Buddh; Rabindranath tagore; 10 sikh gurus and all gursikhs.
5. Keeping hair suggests you are close to nature, knowledge, and truth and FREE from societal norms, pressure and fashions.
6. Men with unshorn hair and beards have Masculine and lion-like appearance. There seems to be a positive relation between the amount of hair on the persons face and the perception of him as masculine mature good looking self confident courageous liberal non conformist and industrious. – Robert Pilgrini in, The Tribune daily Chd 1973
7. God is the greatest of all the artists and the Lord of the Nature and to distort the natural “Art” without any good reason is to go against the Lord’s “will” and is questioning his creativity.
8. Everything grows under the divine laws naturally, just like eyes, ears, nose etc and serve respective functions. If we don’t understand its functions, its our mistake.
9. Going bald is looked upon as the sign of a mishappening, remorse and sadness.
10. In Indian subcontinent, Hair and beard were seen as special articles of pride and the afghan invaders didn’t wish to see this pride on slave hindus faces and as a result ordered their hairs and beard to be chopped off. The girls used to cry out their heart when their hair were cut and were made quiet by filling their mouth with dirt.
11. When Genghis Khan conquered China, he considered the Chinese to be wise and intelligent people who would not allow themselves to be subjugated. He therefore ordered all women in the country to cut their hair and wear bangs, because he knew this would serve to keep them timid and more easily controlled. As whole tribes or societies were conquered, cut hair became so prevalent that the importance of hair was lost after a few generations, and hairstyles and fashion grew to be the focus.
12. Some hair researchers suggested that during the Vietnam War, certain special forces of the United States military were ordered to infiltrate the reservations of Native Americans to look for men with amazing tracking abilities. They found that many Native American men had extraordinary tracking abilities, but after they were recruited and their hair was cut short, they lost their extraordinary tracking abilities.
13. Hairs serve as tongues for chanting the Divine Name in the higher spiritual states of Divine remembrance. Gurmukh Romm Romm Harr Dhyaveh.
14. To merge in God by eradicating ego; requires you to get in tune with divine laws and Lord’s will. A person who is not capable of appreciating the natural “Art” of God , which does not need much efforts, is, in general, also not capable of obeying the “Will” of God spiritually, which needs a lot of determination and efforts.
15. If a Brahmin has to be given death penalty for an evil act then its enough to cut their hair. – Manusmriti Adhyay 8 shloks 379 17. Samson’s story in the Bible indicates the connection between hair and unbeatable strength.
16. Business Firms, hair industy and saloons, illegal hair supply houses etc earn huge profits through your hairs. They will never highlight these natural benefits of hair.
17. Keeping hair is inexpensive and Natural. By letting yourself as nature wants to see you gives a great feeling of satisfaction too.
18. In the Sikh community , the Guru(spiritual masters) has commanded the sikh(disciples) to keep the unshorn hair till the last breath. Guru Nanak said Saabat surat rabb di bhanae beimaan. i.e. Nature gave the person a perfect beauty, but the hypocrites distort it. The sikhs can give up their lives, but not modify their bodily hair like BHAI TARU SINGH who gave up his life but didn’t let his hair be cut. Kesh is the seal of the Guru and the supreme KKar or article of faith. Every sikh prays that may their sikhi be fulfilled with their hair intact till the last breath. The sikhs do mantra meditation(naam simran) daily in the early hours of the dawn and receive the blessings of the divine.